Monday, November 21, 2011

Catch Up

Well this past week has been crazy. We went to Peru! But sadly I have to catch up with schoolwork now so I can't share all about it. But the pictures are on facebook of course and I will blog about it by this weekend. But this morning I read some really encouraging scriptures that I just felt like I needed to share with the world. My sinful nature is to try to do everything on my own and forget that I have God to plan out my whole life. Here are a few scriptures that just put life and the future into perspective. Thanks God for showing me exactly what I needed just like always.

"In their hearts humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps." Proverbs 16:9
"A person’s steps are directed by the LORD.
How then can anyone understand their own way?" Proverbs 20:24
"LORD, I know that people’s lives are not their own;
it is not for them to direct their steps." Jeremiah 10:23
"There is a way that appears to be right,but in the end it leads to death." Proverbs 14:12
"like cattle that go down to the plain, they were given rest by the Spirit of the LORD. This is how you guided your people to make for yourself a glorious name." Isaiah 63:14
" 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11
"Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21
All I can say after that is God is so good. Amen.

ps. eighteen days until Morgan comes!

1 comment:

  1. girl, I needed to read this so much. by the sound of things, God is making you into one wise woman! also, I love reading about your experiences in South America!!! it's so encouraging to know what you're doing for the Lord, and how you're allowing Him to shape your life :) I love you and I'll be praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete